|1-16||Introduction and class administrative.||Familiar with the course resources, rules, grading, etc.||
- Textbook Companion Website
- Eclipse Tutorial
- Course share drive :\\copernicus\Public\csc2340 (accessible only on campus)
|1-18||C++ Programming Practice||1. Show your "Line" program in class (1/25)
2. Complete your Image Process program by 1/25 (midnight) and submit to Blackboard
3. The detailed instructions are given here.
|- A program skeleton for reference|
|1-25||Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4||1. Read Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4
2. Programming Assignment P2 Due (2/1 Friday).
|- Course materials can be found in the course shared folder:
|1-30||Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8||1. Read Chapters 7 and 8
2. Programming Assignment: 2D Array Patterns Due: 2/6 to Bb.
|- Practice questions for arrays|
|2-6||Chapter 9 Object-Oriented Programming||1. Read Chapter 9
2. Redo the Image Process program in Java. (Part I) See the handout here Due: (2/13)
- Practice Questions
- A program skeleton for reference
- Java Formatted Printing
|2-15||Exam I (Chapters 1 through 8)||1. Open books/notes (paper only)
3. Multiple choice, complete (write) short programs, and read programs and find output.
|2-13||Chapter 9 Object-Oriented Programming||1. Read Chapter 9
2. Programming Assignment: Image Process (Part II). Due: (2/22).
- Sample code can be found at the share drive: \\copernicus\Public\csc2340
- A flow chart for the programming assignment.
|2-25||Chapter 10 Object-Oriented Thinking||
Programming Assignments: Triangle and BigDecimal . Due: 3/3
||- Sample code and instructions are at
|3-6||Chapter 11 Inheritance and Polymorphism||Programming Assignment (1): Student Tracking System Due: 3/22. Submit to Blackboard.
Programming Assignment (2): ArrayList: RemoveDuplicates and Union Due 3/22
|- Practice Questions|
|3-27||Chapter 11 Inheritance and Polymorphism||Work on the review questions for Chapter 11 and turn in 3/27
|3-20||Chapter 11 Inheritance and Polymorphism||Programming Assignment: Game of Life Due: 4/3. Submit to Blackboard.